Pages

Jul 5, 2012

Kurupt - Tha Streetz Iz a Mutha (1999)

I got a list here's the order of my list that it's in: it goes, Reggie, Jay-Z, Tupac and Biggie, Andre from OutKast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me
-Eminem, 'Till I Collapse
Neither post nor pre 2001 but the same day, that record being one that music storytellers say changed everything after it- 90s gangsta nostalgia replaced with something dark and immediate. How about this one? Not so visionary (what is?), not that familiar hangover which 2001 cured either. Simply, it's fresh. Whether it was Kurupt's taste and foresight or what he saw happening in the studio with Dre, it doesn't matter 'cause it's that. As a rapper, Kurupt's clear, lively, and commanding. Probably wouldn't put him ahead of Em or Nas, but that's just me. Only fault I can find is the length- 18 tracks! Like any album this long though, it becomes less daunting every listen, leading the listener to only like it more as time goes by

A-

buy
spotify

No comments:

Post a Comment