Pages

Dec 13, 2012

Acetone - I Guess I Would (1995)


My new favourite downers' covers EP. With Cindy I thought I had them all figured out- casually fucked up like Neil Young but without the frantic transcendence, noise rockers without the ideological guts, Chilton's passionate indifference without the need to fully debase their own songs, Low's icy detachment but still warm and fuzzy, or whatever, and so on, and looking at that I think Wilco but they're not Wilco and they're nothing like Wilco on Cindy, but on I Guess I Would they sorta are 'cause you get the above and country but it's not, too, I don't know where I'm going, I just love it, I really do, from the lucid proto-late-era-Earth instrumental opener to the scuzzy 11 minute closer, I just really love it all

A

here

1 comment:

  1. If there's any way you could re-post the Acetone covers EP, I'd be much obliged.

    Either way, thanks so much for the care you put into these posts. I'm especially digging True Widow's S/T and Gate's Saturday Night Fever.

    ReplyDelete